Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Servicing Woes >

Servicing Woes

Servicing Woes

Old 09-06-2016, 08:38 PM

If the machine isn't right, it should go back ASAP. If the needle is hitting, the timing may be off, or the needle is bent or isn't pushed all the way up. Put a new needle in and see what that does. In that particular machine, oil goes in the center hole, under the bobbin case and on the feed dog linkage -- both of which are under the needle plate. It's a machine, it needs oil. There's really no such thing as a self-oiling machine. What they mean is that they don't want the consumer to oil it themselves, they want you to pay them to do it. You don't want to take the cover off that machine yourself, they're pretty tricky. 5 weeks to 2 months is a crazy wait time! We can usually get machines serviced in less than 2 weeks. But then we usually only have about 10 to 20 at a time.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:10 AM

We have a very good dealer in our area that services the machines they sell plus others. They never take long to service or fix them
Old 09-08-2016, 04:31 AM

I have always wondered about the 'you don't have to oil'. My first Bernina was the vintage 830 and it needed to be oiled..no problem. My second Bernina was an 1130 and I was told it didn't need oiling. Never understood this as the machine is suppose to me made with more metal. After pondering this a long time, I just wonder if when the sales people tell you it doesn't need oiling is because they are expecting you to get it serviced at least once a year....as is not a bad idea if you use it alot. These are just my thoughts about the oiling issue....personally I think finding a 'good' servicer is the challenge!
Old 09-08-2016, 04:46 AM

Thank you to everyone that replied - I was reassured that I wasn't being unreasonable, and my machine is back at the shop. Alas that I live in the middle of nowhere, my options are pretty limited (using Husqvarna's website to locate a store brings up the place I took my machine to, and second the place that that store shipped my machine to). I am very fortunate that I have the use of another machine (although it's not like mine, sob!), and I am crossing my fingers that things are properly sorted as soon as possible...