Old 09-10-2016, 06:38 AM
trolleystation

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
I notice with our quilt guild it makes a difference if they like and want the quilt. So, make something people would want to display in their homes. And also, the amount of advertising the show gets and how many people see the quilt. Good luck.
I agree. I have made the raffle quilt for our church for the last 15 years. Tastes have changed in that time. I no longer make traditional quilt. They appeal to the older generation, but, they do not want any more quilts. They admire the quilts but do not buy tickets. I have now switched to making quilts for the a different generation. This year it is black and gray and white. More modern or geometric. It is sofa size. People seem to be going for the smaller quilts because if they win a queen size, it often means changing a color scheme. painting a room or some other form of redecoration. A sofa quilt can fit in almost anywhere. As a wall hanging, as a be throw or on the sofa. Also chose a pattern that will be something a man would like. Lately, I have had as many men buying tickets as women. Hope this information helps.