Thread: Boom 17 - TOPAZ
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 11:10 AM
seasaw2mch

the past few days around here sure have been interesting to say the least. First I got started on Biblistone's Dresden plate, that went fairly well. Next was Moonrise's 4 Roses and that was going along pretty good until I lost a piece, then the hunt was on, I never did find that piece and there wasn't a scrap big enough to re-cut it so I had to piece one of the pieces to get the right size, so her block is a real pieced block. LOL Then we came to Muse&Sew's block, I figured that one was going to go fast but not so quick there, I got it all done only to find the pattern was to small it came out to a 11 1/2" square and that wasn't good enough so I took it apart and added the black lines so I could get that one to size.

Then I started looking for fabrics for Terriamn's block & was called into the kitchen to make Mucadine jelly. So I sat the fabrics aside and went in to get the jelly started, put all the grapes in the pot with a little water to get them going and went back to my sewing room. Rummaging through the totes of fabric again, I lost track of time until I smelled something burning. So as I hobbled into the kitchen, grape jelly water was being boiled out of the pot and all over the place. The best I could do is turn it off and wait for it to cool down. I have never made such a mess in my life and the bad part is I can't clean it up because I can't do all that using a walker and I couldn't even begin to reach the floor. So I had to wait until Chuck could help me out with it. Poor guy, he gets all the bad jobs right now. I was able to salvage some of the grape juice so at least he has some jelly for all the work he did cleaning up my mess. I did help out some but felt so bad he got the worst part of the job.

Anyway, I came back in to finish looking for fabric for terriamn's block and all the instructions she wrote down slipped my mind when I found a piece of fabric that I thought looked great with hers. So I made her the prettiest block by just adding a frame around her fabric. I was so proud of that block because I loved the birds on it and they matched the colors in her fabric. Then I started to pin her baggy to the block and re-read her instructions only to find that I screwed it all up, she wanted tonal or small print that read tonal. Good thing I had plenty of her fabric left to try and do it right. So her block is one I created just for her and it's called "T 4 Terriamn", that pretty much says it all.

So now I'll go do something else before I really screw things up and can't fix them.
Attached Thumbnails dresdan-biblistone.jpg   4-roses-moonrise.jpg   not-2-fussy-muse-sew.jpg   bird-frame-terriamn.jpg   t-4-terriamn.jpg