Old 09-17-2016, 02:10 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by Sandrea View Post
Oh how I wish I could do that to my stash, but I just have so much, I am tired just thinking about how and where to start. Yours looks so beautiful. I sure admire your spunk.....wish I knew where to start.
I just had to make myself start, of course once in, it is a commitment for me because I drag it all out and there is nowhere to walk until I clean it up. I was able to donate 3 large boxes and 1 bag of smaller pieces of fabric as well as excess notions. I now have my sewing machine cases in the closet, moving them from under the machine area. They would be so dusty inside the crevices, even though I vacuum twice a week. I still have some drawers to go through, but majority is done. Took about ten days but some days was not able to spend a bunch of time. Oh, I folded the remaining fabric on cardboard organizers to make it easier to get to and see.

Good luck when you decide to tackle this. I read posts where people buy yards and yards of fabric at estate sales, etc, and just shake my head. I knew there was no way in my lifetime I was going to use what I had, much less take on someone else's estate.