View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 12:29 PM
CanoePam

We don't full time or snowbird, but we are gone for 4-5 weeks at a time. I have a relatively small travel trailer - 28'. If I want to do some really significant sewing, I take my Gidgit table, the same one shown above. It is wonderful! I store it behind the recliners, our catch all storage spot for odd-sized items. I sometimes carry a small folding chair from Ikea to use at the table since my other folding chairs aren't the right height. I will have to try using a recliner and a pillow as a previous poster suggested. If I know I will only be doing sewing shorter times, I just do it on my dinette table. The height isn't right though, so a couple of hours at a time is all I can handle. I do like to precut, mostly because it is such a pain to press large pieces of fabric. I keep a mini-iron and Best Press in the trailer all the time anyway, and I use a padded pressing board that I put on the right side of the dinette. My rulers and current project travel in a plastic storage box which fits perfectly in a cubby my husband made next to the bed. I keep my notions in a fishing tackle box. It normally sits under the dinette along with my sewing machine (when not in use).

Have fun traveling. We travel all around the West with our trailer and have a wonderful time.

Pam