View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 03:53 PM
mygrommi

Default Questions on quilting a mason jar quilt

I am soon to start a fruits and veggies mason jar quilt. I am trying to decide the background fabric color - either black or creamy-white.

I will send the machine to be longarm quilted and I like the look of all-over stippling or the larger "puzzle" allover design.

Is it OK to have all-over-quilting on the jars? (One quilter told me she had the quilter outline the jars, but I really like all-over quilting.)

If so, what color thread would be best? The fruits and veggies blocks are very colorful and some are light and some are dark. If I decided on a black fabric background, I don't think black quilting would look good on the light colored fruits-veggies.

I want the quilting to be with fine weight cotton thread since I do not care for clear monofiliment thread.

Would it be better to use a creamy-white background fabric rather than black? Maybe it would be better to all-over stipple with a light thread. Maybe it would be better to have light color thread quilting on the darker blocks than rather than dark thread quilting on the light blocks.

This is a hard decision. How have you that have made jar quilts quilted them or had them quilted and with what color thread?

Thank you

Renea
mygrommi