Old 10-05-2016, 10:06 PM
Feather3

I have a GE top loading. Yeah it's digital, but it has an agitator & a pause button & stops when you open the lid. It's pretty quiet. FYI....the Goverment has decided ALL washing machines only rinse in cold water anymore to save electricity. I am with others....the cycles take much longer. So much for saving electricity.

My dryer is much older & they don't match. Heck I think I've had 3 washers since I bought the dryer.

My stove is a 40", 2 ovens, coil burners & a electric griddle in the middle. Also has the stove top light/shelf ( they don't add these anymore). I think I bought it in 1989. Replaced all burners, griddle, oven thermostate, etc. I refuse to get rid of it, even tho it's old. They stopped making 40" stoves a few years ago. I have a local guy who has a appliance grave yard & he does repairs cheap.

I bought a new refrigerator a couple years ago. My old one was over 25 years old & sounded like a thrashing machine when the generators kicked on. The seals were in need of replacing, but I couldn't find parts for it.

My dishwasher is over 25 years old. We took an undercounter model & made it portable. Got wood tops from older dishwashers (at the appliance grave yard) & we built a cabinet to put it in. It's like a floating work island .

Give me old stuff any day. It'll outlast any of the new appliances.