Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally getting rid of my digital washing machine. >

Finally getting rid of my digital washing machine.

Finally getting rid of my digital washing machine.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

I have the Bosch dishwasher. No water is left in the bottom of it. Maybe it isn't sitting level to let all the water go to the drain. As it was pushed into the space there could be something tilting it slightly.
After much experimenting I discovered that using Cascade Platinum pods on the Speed wash cycle gets the dishes as clean as the Heavy cycle. Speed cycle is an hour long, the Heavy is over 2 hours long.

I hope everyone knows to not turn on the dishwasher with cold water in the line . Let the water run in the sink until it turns hot before turning on the washer. Many have the water heater far away from the water intake so the dishwasher will fill with cold water before it turns hot. Dishes aren't as clean and very hard on the dishwasher to heat water to the right temp. This is in the manual.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
My new Bosch dishwasher is quiet as a mouse....really. The company put a light shining red on the floor so the user can see if the machine is operating....otherwise it's hard to tell. However the thing stinks terribly between loads. My daughter has the same machine and her's stinks too.
My new dishwasher, a Frigidaire Gallery model, is quiet too. And it has an odor to it when the cycle is complete. They manufacturer calls it the "new dishwasher smell" it's quite over powering at first. The solution I found is as soon as the cycle is done is to leave the door open a little to vent it and to let the dishes air dry. I use the liquid dishwasher soap, Cascade something .....lol I found that the powdered form leaves a icky slime under the food trap and blades.
This new dishwasher is so easy to clean, the filter is stainless steel and it comes out along with the bottom water blade and food trap basket (they call it the glass trap).
Old 10-15-2016, 10:07 AM

Onebyone ,

The water is NOT visible...one has to take out the spinner and the screen and look down into the cup in the center of the bottom, and there is 1-2 cups of murky water. I would appreciate it if those of you who have this Bosch would check this and let me know. If you don't have water there then I will call the repair service, because there is something wrong with mine....and many others, if Google search is to be believed. And yes, I always run the hot water first.

I hope everyone knows to not turn on the dishwasher with cold water in the line . Let the water run in the sink until it turns hot before turning on the washer. Many have the water heater far away from the water intake so the dishwasher will fill with cold water before it turns hot. Dishes aren't as clean and very hard on the dishwasher to heat water to the right temp. This is in the manual.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-15-2016, 11:18 PM

My dishwasher has a water heater in it. I have the option of using water straight from the line or using the water heater (which I always do). Plus I almost always use the timer and run it first thing in the morning so I wouldn't be up to run the water.

Last edited by gale; 10-15-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

My dishwasher has a water heater in it.
All newer dishwashers have a water heater.
Old 10-16-2016, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

one has to take out the spinner and the screen and look down into the cup in the center of the bottom, and there is 1-2 cups of murky water. I would appreciate it if those of you who have this Bosch would check this and let me know.
I did check. The cup had a little water but not close to a cup and the water was very clean. I used a syringe to get some out. A good guess is probably the water fell from the drain hose when finished draining. Your drain hose could have a kink in it keeping water backed up to fall back into the washer. ? I know when the washer was installed I made sure the installer showed me the hose configuration before the washer but put all the way in. I had one with a kinked hose and it caused a lot of problems, worse then a little backed up water. Took two repairman to find the problem because when the dishwasher was removed the kink went away! A too long hose with a big loop can cause water to stay too.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:27 AM

I have one of those digital machines also. I found out they're computerized & you KNOW what we have to do to a computer to straighten them out. We had to unplug it, let it sit a few minutes, & plug it back in. Worked fine & has ever since - go figure!
Old 10-20-2016, 02:12 AM

Love all the comments on new washer and dryers. When we sold our house in MN, my 15 year old Maytag matching washer and dryer went with the house. I miss that set. Never had any maintenance needed in 15 years! We just bought a Samsung front loader and matching dryer and so far I love them. Yes, it plays a little tune when finished but they run so quiet I would not know the load is done if not for that little signal. At least it isn't a loud buzzer!