View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 02:38 PM
NJ Quilter

PaperPrincess and Onebyone have given you great advice. Personally, I love my computerized Viking. It's over 10 yrs old and have never had a day's worth of trouble with it. It was not totally top of the line at the time but pretty close. I paid $1200 at the time. I did not go with the more expensive models because it did things I had not intention/desire (and still don't) to do. The model I opted for did everything I wanted/needed.

I am a spreadsheet queen. I made a spreadsheet with all the features that I wanted/needed and labeled them as such. I then let Mr. Googe guide me to various manufacturer's/models that included those features. You will have a tough time getting true local prices online. But once you have your make/model list narrowed down, definitely visit some dealers and do some test driving with your own fabrics and quilt sandwich samples if you plan to machine quilt.

Definitely keep your existing machine as a back up. There are plenty of folks here to help you if you have issues with that one.