View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 07:44 PM
burnsk

It's 10:00 pm and I made January deadline. HOORAY. This is what i did today. My DH wanted to go to the show but I said NO.

1. Had a small wooden 3-drawer chest for a child. It would set on a dresser. Got it scrubbed, old-englished and polished. Looks pretty good. I had to line the drawers.

2. Repaired a "birthday" dress for GGD.

3. I have a friend who has a rather large "bosom". She gets so frustrated that she can't find any sexy "upper" under garments. So, I decorate them for her with lace and recut and restyle some of them for the "plunge" and put on lace for the "come hither" appeal. Her hubby loves them. Got one done for her today (in red).

4. FInished a Christmas card holder wall hanging for granddaughter (better late than never).

5. Finished a Christmas tote similar to the last one I posted. Will take pics tomorrow to post. Too late and too dark for pictures.

6. Wrote up directions for a sewers neck "tote" to keep scissors, pencils, small rulers, etc., handy when you're sewing at a meeting or sitting in your favorite chair. Cut out 6 and made 2. Dang, created another UFO by not finishing those other 4. Oh well. Will take pictures of these tomorrow also. One of the gals at my Saturday quilt group had one that she bought at a craft show and she loves hers. Mine is a little different cause I didn't know if this was an original pattern.

7. Made a flannel mattress for GGD's doll bed. Now I need to get the quilt finished for the doll bed. My first doll quilt?

SOOOO - I made deadline. Had a great day sewing. Haven't had a day like this in so long. It was great. I want more days like this. The sunshine sure helped. Not everything was "quilt" related but I got a lot done.

On to February.