Old 10-23-2016, 11:35 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Although I have never been to either in person, I have purchased from both online. My impression is that Hancocks of Paducah has a larger selection of brand name manufacturer fabrics. Marshals does carry brand name fabrics but seems to specialize more in their own 'unbranded' fabrics, and while the prices are really good (often $2-4 yard) I found the quality was not as good--thinner and looser woven. So it probably depends on what you are looking for. Perhaps study their websites and see which one has more of the fabrics that you would be looking to purchase? I think both are very reputable stores.
The real treasures from Marshall's are not on their website. They only feature the fabrics they manufacture on the website, because they always have them in stock. The "treasures" are the closeouts of manufacturer's lines that you find for so cheap in their store. They are in limited quantities and constantly changing, so they don't make it onto the website. You have to go there to see what they have at any given time. It's wonderful. I'm going next weekend.