Old 10-27-2016, 08:24 AM
AZ Jane

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Yes, usually Elmer's washable school glue that is white. It seems to dry clear, but in the sandwich I can't tell. Please try the glue on a sample. I wonder why people are "afraid" of it. It is cheap, nontoxic, many of us say it doesn't gum up a needle if you let it dry, it has always washed out, etc. Just try it on a sample and let it dry and see how you like it. also, it replaces pin basting, not spray basting, in my opinion, so I don't dilute it or spray it on or paint it on. Just a thin line in a sort of grid pattern. Sometimes I do a meandering pattern. It stays until it is washed out. I'm working on a quilt now and the machine is having zero problems with the glue. I'm having problems with the thread, first time using this kind, but, it is hard to even know the sandwich is held together with glue. If you squeeze out a glob just smooth it with your finger. It washes off easily!! Please try it and let us know!!!
I hand quilt and use Elmer's Washable School Glue, just be aware of "blobs" and smooth them out. Perfect, I'll NEVER go back!