View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 03:56 PM
zozee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561285[/ATTACH]

"Best laid plans" and all that. Here's the list I made on Thursday morning. Right now, as I type, it's Saturday night at 7:45.

I made the ironing board cover (pictured), which took a LOT longer than I anticipated, but I like it much more than I anticipated as well, so that's okay. I just thought Friday I'd be more productive in my sewing room. Normal housework took the place of my specialty list. But the downstairs level looks much better than if I'd ignored it. (Why don't houses clean themselves the way animals do?) As for today, my DH really didn't know I had this itch to clean on a Saturday, and he wanted me to take a country drive up to a favorite Mennonite grocery store. I knew the drive would be pretty, and that if I didn't go, he'd come home with a bunch of junk food and processed convenience stuff that would sabotage the better eating habits my son and I are trying to stick with. Grocery shopping is a necessary evil in my book; he rather enjoys it, but our "tastes" are much different. Anyway, that was a 4-hour round trip when all was said and done. And, having been awake since 5 a.m. for no good reason, I had to nap .

Hence, the lack of cross-outs on my ambitious list.

I will now be trying to put chaos into order. You know how it always looks bad "before" a big organizing redo? And even worse "during"?? Yeah, well, I am in the "during" phase, so I could use some cheerleaders in my virtual corner.

My sister is coming on Friday from out of state, and this will be her guest room. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]561286[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0687.jpg   img_0688.jpg  

Last edited by zozee; 10-29-2016 at 04:04 PM.