Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Any new organizing goals? >

Any new organizing goals?

Any new organizing goals?

Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM

Default Any new organizing goals?

Hi all,
We are back in Florida. Lots of organizing going on with moving back in -just not with the fun stuff(quilting and crafting). Hopefully, I'll be ready for that, soon.
Anyone else, any organizing going on?
lots2do
Old 10-24-2016, 02:18 PM

Yes! I am in the process of moving my sewing room from a small bedroom to our walk out basement. My DH has it freshly painted and put up shelving on one wall. It is so nice and light down there, plus there is plenty of overhead light. Having so much room is almost overwhelming for me and it will probably take awhile to get it situated. I do have to get busy and move my "stuff" out of the bedrooms because they need new carpet. One will be a guest room so also need a new bed in there by Thanksgiving for visitors. Yikes- only 4 weeks away, I just read. I better get moving!
Old 10-24-2016, 03:56 PM

I'm not organizing really but every year at this time I try to clean up my sewing area since it's half of my family room. With family & friends visiting for the Holidays I like it all to look nice and neat. Glad this happens actually. I find things I forgot I had and make note of things I need. This year the family is coming by me for Thanksgiving. I love it when we all get together. I always try to make some little thing for each of them. Last year it was snack bags. I haven't come up with anything for this year yet. Any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

I'm happy to say I'm in the process right now of organizing my fabric by color on shelves I just made in my sewing room closet. Can't wait to share the pics!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 PM

I've organized and gone through just about everything. But, there is one little spot left. The Ikea 5 drawer, tiny chest the sits under my sewing table. It needs a good clean out. So, that is the job for tomorrow. I do enjoy reading through all of your great ideas.

I think tomorrow, I will add a few of my own pictures tomorrow. Maybe you will gain a little inspiration from me. Or, maybe not. Who knows. Right now, my sewing space is in 3 different rooms until new flooring goes down in the sun room. We had quite a bit of leaking in there in the spring. But, I think we have it all fixed now. So the final step is laying down new flooring. Maybe soon. Who knows, whenever it fits in the budget.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM

Would love to see some pictures!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:43 PM

We just moved in to our new house with a huge craft room in mid July and I started a new job at the beginning of the school year, so organizing has been on the back burner, but this weekend, I hope to get my peg board wall and cabinet up.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:28 AM

My sewing room, aka guest room, is a mess. Fabric, tools everywhere! I should be working on some Christmas items but cannot seem to focus on these projects. I am not expecting any guests soon but to this room is still embarrassing and no fun to be in. I have started with all the scrap bags, boxes, etc to cut them up into useable pieces. Just the basics either 5 or 2.5 blocks. Anything that does not fit this size other than a strip gets tossed. Amazing how a full box of scraps can be condensed into neat stacks of squares. I am loving it! I am also working on emptying the closet of all those party dresses that no longer fit or are out of style. Some beautiful fabrics I tell myself, I could cut them up! No, out they go to Goodwill. Feeling better but the room is still a mess. I will just keep plugging along.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:30 AM

No, but I need to... I have just pulled out a UFO project from last year and it's all over our spare room bed but I need to decipher the pieces and where I left off. Other than that, just mostly need to tidy since I will be moving it all into a new sewing room next spring.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:21 AM

Oh yes. The great flood took moms house, so she now lives with us. My sewing room became her room. She also had a sewing room. Her singer is set up on a table in the hall. Mine will go in the kitchen when needed. This corner of the laundry room is our sewing center. Major re-organizing! But we did it.
Attached Thumbnails 20161025_070934.jpg