Old 11-04-2016, 01:14 PM
quiltingcandy

When it comes to buying sewing machines or any machine for that matter, you have to decide if it fits your needs and your budget. I always thought I would never buy an embroidery machine because I could not in my own mind justify $800.00 (boy was I wrong on that amount) for a machine that "only" embroidered. I wouldn't even sit down and look at them. Then one day I was in the local sewing machine repair shop and was having one of my FW's serviced to take to my sister in WA. And there is was - the Husqvarna/Viking Topaz 20, the salesman offered to show me the machine and I said I can't afford a Husqvarna, they start at $4K. Not even close, less than half that, and he thru in thread, a couple of hoops, designs, classes, etc. because it was a floor model he would even give me a full warranty. I was a little concerned about buyer's remorse, but once I got going with all it could do - I have had so much fun. Even my DH said as much fun as I have had with that machine it was worth twice what I paid for it. Now if I could just keep myself from buying so many designs to make. (Oh, and he serviced my FW for free too.)