View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 04:23 AM
rryder

9 yards of RJR Handspray in black jumped into my cart on the MSQ website yesterday. It had been out of stock everywhere I looked except at Craftsy who said they had an 8.5 yard cut which I bought for a quilt UFO I want to finish this month only to find out they were mistaken and the fabric I received was not RJR Handspray, but a no-name black inexpensive backing fabric. Now, I only needed 2 yards for my UFO but since the only place I could originally find it was Craftsy and they only had it in an 8.5 yard cut I had to buy that and then it ended up not being the RJR Handspray after all. So of course when MSQ got it back in stock Instead of buying the 2 yards that I need, I had to buy 8.5 yards to replace the Craftsy yardage I Am sending back (if they ever manage to send me the return info) and, really if you're going to buy 8.5 yards shouldn't you just round up to a nice whole number like 10 yards?Note- for rounding purposes I'm using the rule that says you are supposed to match the evenness or oddness of the number before the fraction.

So I put 10 yards of it in my cart at MSQ, but only actually purchased 9 yards which I would love to say showed admirable restraint on my part but was really because MSQ only had 9 yards in stock

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 11-06-2016 at 04:27 AM.