Old 11-08-2016, 03:34 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I can't really advise you on which of the options would be best to go with, as I am not familiar with them at all.

However ... What I am thinking IF the equipment you buy, makes sewing a joy for you, then you will go on and do more than you are thinking right now. Eg. beyond 25" square! I learned that lesson when I bought my first good machine (Janome 6600) ... it made me love what I was doing! It was a good machine and everything just seemed to go well with it and made me want to go further with quilting. And to think I was only going to do runners, at the most!! NOT!

Perhaps because of your physical limitations, you could get the dealer to agree for a full refund after 30 days (or more!) without being forced to purchase a different machine ... or full credit towards a better machine. My dealer does this with sewing machines and will give full value back within a year, towards a new machine.

Good Luck .... take your time looking, and make sure that at the least they allow you lots of in-store practice to know you are confident that what you are getting is indeed the "right" thing for you!