View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:13 AM
NoraB

I just realized that I am a visual person. I love to look at pictures of sewing rooms. They are so neat and tidy and everything in its place.

I woke up this morning and walked by my sewing room on the way to get coffee....it looked like someone tried to rob the place! It looks like I took things out of drawers, flung them around, put things on top of things on the cutting surface, extension cords running everywhere, unfinished water bottle on table, etc. Unfortunately, that's what it looks like when I'm working on a quilt!

I like to leave things out so I can see them and use them easily (iron, water bottle, Mary Ellen's Best Spray).

Then, I leave other things out so I can see them and use them easily (self-threading needle, magnetic pin holder, bobbin winder, bobbins).

Then, I need to have other things out so I can see them and use them easily (water for drinking, television remotes, sewing machine oil, lint brushes).

Hmmmmmm..........I don't know if I can ever make it look "neat" unless I stop sewing. But, that's never going to happen, so good thing my room is on the second floor and it does have a door (I think I can still get it shut)! ha!

Hope everyone has a great day sewing and "small business Saturday" shopping!