Old 02-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
As opposed to just a "fun" thing to do? I know, for myself, that I need to have some creative hobby to "escape" to. Going into the right brain shuts off all the stuff I don't want to deal with (family situations). I originally was interested in quilting just for the fun of it, but now I crave sitting at the sewing machine or searching/reading here, or surfing other quilting related info (and buying books! :lol: ) - it just keeps life light! How about you?
I couldn't agree more, naturalmama!
Psychiatrists and mental health ppl, reccommend quilting/crafting...hobbies, all the time. It is KNOWN to be a wonderful stress reliever.
Your right, you can escape to the 'right' side and leave all the 'headwork' thinking, outside your area.
Just lead me to my machine and fabrics and let me get in the zone. I'm off to a brighter world, where it's all good and happiness abounds.
The possibilities are only limited by my imagination. I can travel the world and back by fabric etc.
I can make stuffy toys and dream of birthdays for wee ones, or Christmasy daydreams and all the shared love from Nana! ahhh! thanks for asking...was a little trip of goodness, right there!:wink: