View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 01:00 PM
bkay

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
These machines can be very nice and worth it, but only to someone who fix them up to use them. It's not easy to sell them on for much more than it took to fix them up.
The problem is that you can only use so many - and they do take up some room.

I don't know enough about fixing them up to do it in a reasonable amount of time. Given I'm not 16 anymore, I don't want to spend my time repairing sewing machines. That does not sound like something pleasant to do. (I'd rather be quilting.) I like cleaning them up, oiling them and fiddling with them, but not much past that. When I bought these machines, I thought they were probably someone's collection. They weren't. They were in the storeroom for a sewing machine dealer, who apparently stopped paying the rent. The photos were a lot better than the reality, also. (Bidding on something without actually seeing it is not a good idea.) They were either returns, trade-ins or parts machines. Fortunately, I don't have enough invested that trashing them all would be a big deal. I just hate to totally waste them. Some of them are pretty neat machines. I just don't want to learn to repair them.
bkay