Old 12-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Snooze2978

I'm glad to say my organizing was done this past week in ruler folding all the fabrics I'm been acquiring since September. Yes, they have been sitting in totes since then but I got tired of having to crawl over them to get to the design wall so made myself fold them up. I had my embroidery machine going so between thread changes I was able to fold 120 fabrics between 1 yd - 6 yds. Anything over 4 yds were put on bolt boards. Ran out of bolt boards so stopped by my fabric store that's closing at the end of the month to pick up some more boards only to leave with 17 more fabrics........but I came out with lots of boards. All are folded up so now is the trick to find someplace to stash them until I can get my new shelves installed hopefully sooner than later. During the folding process though I found some fabrics I can use on my next project I found free on the Fave.com site. Its a wallhanging 40L x 60W of a world map. All the continents are appliqued so searching for the perfect fabric to represent each continent.

Today I'm going to turn on the quilt machine and finally get started on the baby quilt that's been attached for over a month. Need to get it done, bound and out of here by the end of the month so I can claim it as a finished project for the year.