Old 12-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

In searching the web I found this place where the quilter did some testing on 10 different fusibles:
http://www.blackwalnutstitch.com/gre...t-fusible-web/

In my experiments so far, I like a double layer of Misty Fuse best. Think I will try 3 layers as well. The real test will come with the washing machine and dryer. My hope is that increasing the layers of Misty Fuse will decrease the fraying of the edges. It's really easy to use multiple layers of Misty Fuse; just layer everything together, sandwich between layers of parchment paper, and iron. I peel off the parchment paper while the layers are still warm.

One thing I am finding with the Go! is that I am getting the best results using Misty Fuse with the fabric side next to the die, fused side next to the mat, one layer at a time. When I cut the fabric fused to the C&T applique sheets, I also got the best results with fabric side down and a single layer; however, even with that, the C&T tended to have a couple of threads uncut with each pass.

What I've done with my machine applique stitch is to shorten the length and increase stitch width (compared to what I like best for my turned-under edge machine applique).