Thread: Airplane Seats
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 11:59 AM
amma
Power Poster

I am so short that it isn't ever a problem. I do have to recline my seat for flights longer than an hour or I get horrible back aches. I have had the person behind me complain that he could not use his lap tray when my seat was reclined. I offered to put it up for an hour and back for an hour during the 4 1/2 hour flight. He said no, to just leave it up. So, I left it reclined and napped on and off during the flight. I figured that I was trying to be nice and accomodating but, A lap tray to me is just a luxury...someone else's physical ailments should come first. I do tell my seatmates to feel free to stretch their feet/legs over in front of me, as mine barely touch the ground lol... and many of them do and appreciate it too.
I had a business class seat once when I was bumped, I could have stretched my legs out fully and barely touched the wall in front of me... On many of the flights I have been on many of these have been empty.
I think that they cram you in like sardines...My complaint is not having enough elbow room if you get stuck in a middle seat. I only did that once and was elbowed from both sides the entire 4+ hour flight... Never again :roll: