View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Alvie

How does my sewing area all fit? With grease and a shoe horn. I have the old, pre-renovation, railroad-type kitchen: 20 odd feet long and maybe 10-11 feet wide from wall to wall. Every bit of cabinetry is still in place. Counter space and back splash space is ceramic tiled. Nothing has a door on it any more. I have a double, custom sewing desk that holds the computerized sewing machines. There are my 403's cabinet that holds the 403 and supports a serger, the 99 plus cabinet that holds a second serger, a bunch of the elegant towers of plastic drawers from WalMart, a floor to ceiling wooden unit that fits over the two machine cabinets/servers. It holds books, fabrics, and sewing goodies for good measure. At a 90 degree angle from the wall, two metal shelving units from a big box store extend from floor to ceiling. S hooks are wonderful with metal shelving.

Along one bit of cabinets, directly behind my sewing desk is my ironing board. Every bit of wall space is used. Command hooks and s hooks rule. Museum putty is nifty stuff too. Love the tile back splashes.

The floor is urethaned oak. There are pillows and boxes for my sewing cats.

Can you see it? If so, even if you see it only in your mind's eye, let me apologize. I am one of the ones who has to make a huge mess and I have. But it's my mess and I love it. When my DH's back is together again and I am no longer playing valet, cook, driver, picker-upper, sock and shoe putter-oner, etc., I am going to reward myself by taking the piles, drawers, etc. apart, centralizing things. And you thought it was a big mess BEFORE I got to taking it apart. Not even.

Thank you for your pictures and suggestions, and encouragement. I may not be killed in an avalanche after all.

Alvie

Last edited by Alvie; 12-14-2016 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Computer is determined to write for me. Haven't discovered how to disabuse it yet, but I will.