View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Just Jan

Actually, I don't think your sewing area is half as bad as mine usually is. One thing I would definitely suggest is to lose the ironing board. Make a padded board and lay it on the end of the table where you have your cutting mat. Looks like that table has a drop leaf. Can you add a couple legs and make it stay up permanently? Then you can add a cart on wheels (or stack bins) and maybe your waste can under it. Losing the ironing board frees up space and you would also gain space under that table that is currently wasted. I have several of the old TV carts from thrift stores and they are wonderful. Cheap and they are low enough they fit under stuff. I currently have one with a padded board on top for ironing- but when I want to quilt a heavy quilt, I can just pull it up to my machine area to support the extra quilt weight. I made the pressing board larger to overhang, to give me more area and I can sit at it to press blocks instead of jumping up and down between the sewing and the pressing of my blocks. I once heard that a clean desk is the sign of an empty mind... Somehow I relate that theory to my sewing studio! lol