View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 07:55 AM
grmamrtha1

My daughter told me that even tho I've gotten into quilting, that she isn't a fan of quilts, so please don't make one for her. OK......Two years ago, I made a quilt for my DIL for Christmas, and my daughter saw it and said "I want one" to which I replied, "No you don't....you're not a fan of quilts, remember?" Her reply "I wasn't aware they could be so beautiful." My reply "Wonderful, I'd be delighted to make one for you, too." Her reply "Can I pick the colors?" My reply, "Most certainly" Right after New Years, my daughter showed up with a pattern, fabric and thread. I got to work on it, and before that was finished, my daughter showed up with 7 more patterns, with promises that fabric would be following. THEN she got engaged, they had a house built, with 3 bedrooms. Quilts on each bed, and she has two quilting frames that she has the alternate quilts on. At her open house, everybody came up to me to tell me how beautiful the quilts were. Glowing????? She was ESTATIC!!!! I've cut her off. She emailed a picture of the Dahlia quilt yesterday, and I told her not in this lifetime. Sorry, no camera, so no pictures. But I can tell you that she picked out some beautiful patterns and fabrics!!!