Old 12-26-2016, 02:12 PM
madamekelly

Thanks for your kind offer, and I am going to take you up on it. My Christmas was the brokest broke we have ever been due to my bad habit of helping my family members out. Three weeks before Christmas, my sister, who was staying with us invited her daughter and family to stay with us too. Her darling daughter was kind enough to bring huge cockroaches from Texas, which I did not realize until I reached for a utensil in my kitchen crock. Sitting on the spatula I grabbed was a HUGE ROACH! I had a horrible panic attack, could not bring myself to touch any of dinner, and when I contacted my niece, she replied that they would be able to pay for an exterminator in two weeks! Do you have any idea how many roaches can be hatched in two weeks? My DS and her hubby were king enough to come right over, and we spent last night emptying the cupboards and using some spider and roach spray (I keep it on hand to get rid of spiders from the field next to my house) and wiping the cupboards down. Today we are running everything through the dish washer! I am 58 years old, and have lived in some poor neighborhoods in my life, and even spent four years in Texas, and have never had roaches! I am also entomophobic! I don't do bugs! My dogs and cat have never even had fleas, I am that bug phobic. My darling room mates got up before I did and started cleaning. You know you are loved when you friends don't ignore your phobia. I had to throw out any container that was not sealed in plastic, all opened packages, I even dumped the salt and grinders, because I could not be sure they did not have any bugs in them. The only good news in all of this is we were able to locate my missing Tupperware pepper shaker that disappeared when the niece and nephew left. I was afraid they had thrown it out. They were the first thing I ever bought for my own home when I was seventeen. (Yup, been using the same little two ounce midget salt and pepper shakers since they first sold them, forty one years ago!)