Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Any one need to chat with someone for the holiday to help ? >

Any one need to chat with someone for the holiday to help ?

Any one need to chat with someone for the holiday to help ?

Old 01-01-2017, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the note it is a great idea! I have had a good Christmas added with taking care of family. It does ground a person to help, here it is also good memories and love for one another. Mom is in the hospital again Mom & Dad live at assisted living. Mom does go to the hospital often. This a little story about..Mom at 86 and Dad will be 87 this Jan 30.
I visit morning and evening to talk for a few hours. She loves company, I check in on dad and call Mom for them to talk ( he can not use the phone). Yesterday day I went about 10:00 stayed till lunch came, she said Sherry go to see your Dad now and call me. I have to talk to him now. So I did - the is normal for them talking on the phone when not there, as Dad can not get out now without a rented Van for wheelchairs. He is the best alzheimer's person I have seen. I got there and called - told Dad mom wants to talk to you. Hello is this Betty - yes - I want to say Happy New Year - I love you. Dad said I love you where are you. I am at the hospital and I want you to be good and think about me. Ok I will, but there is a lot of good looking women here. Mom said howard I am the only woman for you. Ok
Do not whistle at them be good, I will be home soon. Ok I can wait for you. It may sound crazy Mom at her age and dad but they have always been like this since I can remember. Mom we call Scarlet from Gone with the wind and and Elizabeth Taylor rolled into one person. Makes me think age is what you make it to a great deal. Dad was a level headed thinking man with a eye for a good looking woman. Mom changes without notice but always well dressed. With love for them and thoughts about the next steps in life.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:20 AM

what a glorious conversation and you for being there!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

KalamaQuilts - my baby brother succeeded in his suicide. It was in October 2002. Not a day goes by that Mr. Stitchnripper and/or I say "Brother would have loved, enjoyed, etc." whatever we are doing at the time. We had no clue. He just kept telling me he knew he wouldn't live to be old. We have gone over and over what we could have done, but, we didn't live close to him and I talked to him almost every day and emailed numerous times a day and I had no idea. Such a great sadness. I'm glad your brother survived.

We are going through our own health things right now, hope they get resolved. This time of year isn't easy, even though we don't celebrate Christmas - wishing all good things to our QB community in the coming years.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
KalamaQuilts - my baby brother succeeded in his suicide. It was in October 2002. Not a day goes by that Mr. Stitchnripper and/or I say "Brother would have loved, enjoyed, etc." whatever we are doing at the time. We had no clue. He just kept telling me he knew he wouldn't live to be old. We have gone over and over what we could have done, but, we didn't live close to him and I talked to him almost every day and emailed numerous times a day and I had no idea. Such a great sadness. I'm glad your brother survived.

We are going through our own health things right now, hope they get resolved. This time of year isn't easy, even though we don't celebrate Christmas - wishing all good things to our QB community in the coming years.
No time of year is a good time when you are feeling down or depressed or feel like life is kicking your butt for whatever reason. This is a good thread, other than sometimes you wish you could do more, or at least I do.