Old 01-01-2017, 08:37 AM
sherian

Thanks for the note it is a great idea! I have had a good Christmas added with taking care of family. It does ground a person to help, here it is also good memories and love for one another. Mom is in the hospital again Mom & Dad live at assisted living. Mom does go to the hospital often. This a little story about..Mom at 86 and Dad will be 87 this Jan 30.
I visit morning and evening to talk for a few hours. She loves company, I check in on dad and call Mom for them to talk ( he can not use the phone). Yesterday day I went about 10:00 stayed till lunch came, she said Sherry go to see your Dad now and call me. I have to talk to him now. So I did - the is normal for them talking on the phone when not there, as Dad can not get out now without a rented Van for wheelchairs. He is the best alzheimer's person I have seen. I got there and called - told Dad mom wants to talk to you. Hello is this Betty - yes - I want to say Happy New Year - I love you. Dad said I love you where are you. I am at the hospital and I want you to be good and think about me. Ok I will, but there is a lot of good looking women here. Mom said howard I am the only woman for you. Ok
Do not whistle at them be good, I will be home soon. Ok I can wait for you. It may sound crazy Mom at her age and dad but they have always been like this since I can remember. Mom we call Scarlet from Gone with the wind and and Elizabeth Taylor rolled into one person. Makes me think age is what you make it to a great deal. Dad was a level headed thinking man with a eye for a good looking woman. Mom changes without notice but always well dressed. With love for them and thoughts about the next steps in life.