View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 PM
zozee

The first one I made was for my friend Renee'. It was a surprise and I went with the colors in her home decor . Warm Wishes pattern, Warm and Natural batting, golden flannel backing. She LOVES it and said it was perfect to cover her up from over the shoulders to below her feet. She liked how it fit her hospital bed. She did NOT want pink (that much I knew ahead of time).

However, the one I'm working on now is for a friend, Donna. I decided to outright ask her color choice, since I don't know her as well. She said, "For ME? You want to make a quilt for ME? I'm crying I'm so happy to think you'd do that for me!" So the THOUGHT was obviously most touching to her. I had to ask again about color. She said, "Well, since it's for breast cancer, how about various shades of pink?" (And her daughter informed me that her favorite shade is fuschia.)

Donna is taller than Renee', so I adjusted accordingly. But I've used W&N batting, and am using flannel because Renee' said it was perfect when she was cold.