Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Chemotherapy quilt? >

Chemotherapy quilt?

Chemotherapy quilt?

Old 01-02-2017, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
I think someone posted before about a chemo quilt with a kind of "pocket" for the feet to fit into. Sounded cozy. I'm sure someone here can lock for that. I'm not good on searches. Whatever you decide to make, I'm sure your friend will love it because it is from you.
I was thinking about a quillow, that would take care of the 'carrying' case AND 'pocket'.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:14 AM

I have made many and none of them have been pink. I pretty much use whatever I have in my stash and back them with minky or a good fleece. I always draw a little pink ribbon on the label if it is for breast cancer.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:22 PM

I'm a breast cancer survivor, I don't like the hype of the pink ribbons nor am I fond of pink. A friend made a quilt for me in bold bright colors which fits my type "A" personality. I did not take it with me to chemo, the infusion centers have warm flannel blankets. The reason I didn't take the quilt with me is because chemo is pretty rough and I threw up often while sitting there getting chemo. I was told many people do that, doesn't matter if I had just eaten or ate hours ago. The nurses just take the flannel blankets off and replace them with fresh ones. Plus I really enjoyed knowing I was going home to my bright colored quilt and could take a nap. Every time I wrapped myself up in the quilt I thought about my friend who made it and all the fun times we had. Chemo for women puts us in instant menopause, so hot flashes came on loud and clear. My friend knew this and used one layer of warm and natural in the quilt, it was perfect.