View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 06:44 AM
OES184

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
I think someone posted before about a chemo quilt with a kind of "pocket" for the feet to fit into. Sounded cozy. I'm sure someone here can lock for that. I'm not good on searches. Whatever you decide to make, I'm sure your friend will love it because it is from you.
I couldn't find where I commented on a foot pocket, so I'll just comment again. I made a chemotherapy quilt for my sister who was undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer. It had to be done quickly, so it was not very elaborate. I used fleece for the batting/backing. Cut it longer than quilt top and folded it up to form the pockets. I sewed a seam down the middle of the pocket to help the pockets keep their shape. I also installed a zippered pocket on the front of the quilt to hold her cell phone (the zipper kept it within reach and didn't permit it to slide off onto the floor). Also added a pocket on the front to hold a paperback book, as she liked to read. She liked it so well that she used it at home and wherever she traveled. It suited her needs. A quilt can be tailored to fit the hobbies and desired of each person.