Old 01-02-2017, 07:02 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by love to sew View Post
No, you didn't waste your time. I didn't mean to be difficult. Thank you to all of you who responded. And thank you QuiltE for the best advice.
Here is the thing, we all make so when we have to with different sized spaces. Some because we like small areas, others because that's all we have. Even to design it yourself you have to decide on how close you want you sewing areas, do you want them all in one place, what kid of storage you want/need, in your laundry the same applies, mine is a small closed built in my kitchen with shelves on the wall, that's all the room I have so I make do. Do research, on this board alone many, many people have posted pics of their sewing areas, check them out, see what features they may have thought about and you didn't but would like to add to your area. Check the web for laundry areas, sewing rooms, etc. People aren't trying to be difficult, they are just trying to help but since we don't know you or exactly what you want its hard to help. Even if you are designing you'll have to have some type of square area to tell the designer so that they know where to place things. Before I'd hire someone I'd do some googling and some searching on here and try and decide what all I want in my area. Its just like buying a new machine, its a personal thing, get to know what all is offered and what you want so that you can make an informed decision that's right for you.

For me, I'd need areas to make quilts, make clothes, embroidery machines, cutters, storage my serger, etc. See where I'm going.