Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
mjpEncinitas

Thanks you, This has been very helpful.

Jennifer23 I downloaded the pages from AQSblog. This is perfect for what I hoped to start with. Much cheaper than the $40 for the calendar. I'm going to make up pages for two of the projects. I think this will help me think of anything I haven't remembered for these projects.
luvspaper quiltingbuddy

I have a little notebook I use right now to jot down ideas in but its too little. I like the idea of graph paper and an artists notebook. GEMRM I'm using that as a to do list right now but it would be good to put the UFOs in there also. Frankly with my menopausal brain my memory needs all the help it can get.

QuiltE
So many great ideas. Your post was very very helpful. I especially love the log notebook by the machine. So many times I wish I remembered what tensions and needle I used with specific threads and fabrics. This is something I will implement. Fortunately my sewing room is relatively clutter free due to visitors coming for the holidays. I have UFOs in plastic bags with zippers. I"m going to make up specific project bags for the three projects I have this January.

I do have a not very organized notebook with patterns and applique patterns of the quilts I've done. This has been very helpful and I've gone back and reused applique patterns and they've been relatively easy to find. Has saved me a lot of time with little effort.

Love your attitude popover It's been my attitude 90% of the time. I tell people you'll get em when I'm done. but now with these three things I'd like to do in January I hope a little time spent up front will allow me to do all three without being stressed. We'll see.

Thanks folks. I'll update you at the end of the month.

The three projects I have are:

1. Landscape quilt for a How to FMQ landscapes workshop I am attending at Road to CA. I have a backup. A friend of mine gave me a preprinted sea/sailboat/sky fabric that will work for this workshop. I promised to quilt it for her anyway. My husband decided he was intrigued with painting on fabric. He is going to paint some fabric for a second landscape quilt that we designed and I'll sew his pieces on with a few of my regular fabric and have a 2nd option. HOw's that for delegating? and its nice to have a project we are both involved in. Jan 20

2. Cut up many 5" squares for rbweise's I spy swap Jan 20

3. This is the biggie. I'm entering a quilt to be considered for a museum. I've had the idea for this very nontraditional quilt for a long time and the museum topic actually dovetails beautifully with my idea. I think I'm going to go for it. But I do need to be organized to get all three of these done. Jan 28 If this one doesn't get done I'll be disappointed but it'll just give me more time to implement the idea.

Thanks everyone. It's fun hearing everyone's organizational ideas.