View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:31 PM
sewgirl30

I know that you posted this information about your husband making this machine quilting frame some years ago but I have just been privileged to have read your post. This is the best home made quilting frame I have seen, I have to say. If I had only gotten into quilting 15 years earlier I could have gotten my father to come up with something like this, as he was good at coming up with ideas like this. However, in recent years and he got older, he got away from he's wood working hobby and now he has passed. So I have to count on myself with some help of my husband who is mechanical but that's about it. But he is a big help to me, God bless him. So anyway, the reason for this reply is to ask a couple of questions. First, what kind of PVC fittings did your husband use on the end of the poles to keep the tension tight and did he drill the holes in the wooden end pieces tight to help with that tension? Also could you give me the dimensions of the wood end pieces? This information will be a big help in making my quilt frame, hopefully this weekend. Thank you so much for your help and your husband's inguenity. He's a keeper for sure!!