Old 01-14-2017, 01:36 PM
Daylesewblessed

Sometime last year I brought a Singer single thread embroidery attachment to a guild meeting and passed it around with some small pieces of paper and a piggy bank type can. I challenged them to a "gizmo guess" of the attachment. Most people took a shot at it and tried for the small prize.

The result of that was that the program leader asked me a week ago to do a program on "vintage attachments" sometime during 2017. I told her that I didn't know enough about them and that the interest might be quite limited. I did, however, say that I would do a program on Featherweights, since there are some members who have them.

I don't know how well it will go over, but I plan to have FW machines set up from the various eras, and at least one where people can try it out during the break and after the program. I think there are many people who have heard people talk about FW's, have seen them, and might like the experience of actually sewing on one.

Our guild has a variety of programs, and people not interested in the topic leave after the business meeting, show and tell, and the social break. I would say that 75% stay for the program, but it is not the same 75% each time.