Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM
zozee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566750[/ATTACH]

Finally finished this chemo quilt for my friend. She knew I was making it for her, and when I asked her what color she'd like, she said "how about a variety of pinks for breast cancer?" So that was my starting point. In November! Yes, I'm slow. Took a lot longer with the mistakes, holidays, and unexpected hospitalization of my teenage son, than I had figured.

I was so excited when I went to her home yesterday with it. Before she even opened it, she started to cry. "I just can't believe that someone would do this for me." And once she pulled it out, she was all smiles. "It's so pretty and warm! I love it!" (The backing is flannel, which you can see in photos if you scroll up this thread a bit.)

That response makes it all worth it.

Pattern: Five Easy Pieces (thanks, Jeanne S)
Focus fabric: Moda "Anything is Possible" with my favorite "Lovebugs" pink (with "lovelovelove" handwriting in cursive)
Batting: Warm & Natural
Title: "Thou Art There" (based on Psalm 139:7-8.."If I ascend into heaven, thou art there. If I make my bed in hell, thou art there."
Size: Approx 60x72

While I'm not one to want to repeat a pattern (since there are SO many new ones to try!), I can foresee using this one again because it is easy and it shows off fabric well.
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender-11-.jpg   img_1301.jpg  

Last edited by zozee; 01-25-2017 at 06:08 PM.