View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Candace

In the ongoing drama of will I ever have my sewing machine back...in the last episode Candace was lamenting the fact that her sewing machine had been in the shop for over 2 weeks and was told it would be possibly another week until it was even looked at. Poor Candace was a wreck and her forum friends booed and hissed.

Now, the newest....Weds. I got a call that my machine was ready. Woohoo! I drove the 45 mins there to get it. I was told there was nothing wrong and that it only got a cleaning, oiling and regular maintenance. I sewed on it for about an hour yesterday and the squeaking while sewing (intermittently) and squeaking of the knee lift was gone. It sewed nicely and I was thrilled. Today, not so thrilled. The squeaking is back:<

We are calling them back tomorrow. We're going to ask if it can be looked at right away this time. Now, I'm not only impatient I'm frustrated:< So, all that time and the problem is still there. Or is it just the fact that the machine is 11 years old and I'll have to live with the squeak?? I'm betting the "fix" will be a new part that's worth more than the machine. If so, I guess I'll be living with it and nicknaming it "squeaky".