Old 01-28-2017, 07:21 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 4

So, I am going to change things up a bit. I was originally thinking this would end on 2/11 but it will end next week. And you will complete one major part of your quilt this week.

Make 6 of the 6-1/2” blocks as shown on the right side of the top picture below. To do this, you will need 19” of the dark-light-dark strip set labeled as set A . And you will need 23” of the light-dark-light strip set labeled set B. The extra allows you to square up your strip set before cutting and to square off the last segment.

For the A set, cut two 2” wide pieces of dark each measuring 19” long. Cut one piece of light measuring 3-1/2” wide and 19” long. Sew 2” wide pieces of dark to each side of the 3-1/2” light. Press to the dark. This strip set will measure 6-1/2” wide. Make sure the width is correct. Slice this set into 12 segments as shown; they will measure 2” wide by 6-1/2”.

For the B set, cut two 2” wide pieces of light each measuring 25” long. And one piece of the dark measuring 3-1/2” wide by 25” long. Sew and press as you did for the A set. Cut 6 of these segments that will be 3-1/2” wide by 6-1/2” long.

From the light, cut 24 pieces that measure 3-1/2” by 6-1/2”. Use these rectangles with your newly make 6-1/2” blocks and the 4-patch made in week 2, layout the pieces and sew as shown. For the strips with the two 4-patch and the 3-1/2” x 6-1/2” press the seams to the center. Assemble the middle section and press seams to the outside. When sewn together, press the seams toward the middle. You will have six 12-1/2” square blocks.

So, we have fabric left over, a few odd ball pieces and lots to make to get to the 36 x 48 size! And it will all come together next week, I promise.

Looking forward to seeing your new blocks!
Attached Thumbnails week-4-.jpg   week-4-b.jpg