Old 01-31-2017, 07:26 AM
Mickey2

I don't know if you have had a chance to look at your machine yet, but I take a chance and add a few things that might be a bit helpful (bobbins are of a type used on industrial machines too). Mine has "Needle system 1738" embossed in the needle plate, which means round shank industrial type. They are easily found at a good price. I find it's a must to have a good selection of them for various types o fabric and thread weight. A correct match of thread and needle makes the stitch qualith much better, especially satin stitches. Mine behaves very well now, but I still have a few things to sort out. Under the bobbin wheel there's a plate covering two drive belts (freearm version only). The pulley with grooves for the two drive belts ran very sluggish on mine, it had to come off and are now cleaned and greased. Sooner or later I need new belts on mine, I plan to try the lugged neoprene type, I just need to brave up, measure the correct size and order new ones. I hope to find an accessory box, and maybe some cams.

Last edited by Mickey2; 01-31-2017 at 07:34 AM.