View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:54 PM
jmoore

What awesome feedback. I knew I could count on you guys! Sorry Cuppy, no elevator but I will have two entrances. One through our master bedroom and one from downstairs through our two car garage.

Redquilter, if you ever find yourself in Maine, I'll have a spare bedroom or two after I move my sewing stuff into the new room.

Wesing, yes... all of the lights are going to be on dimmers and my electrician had the same idea as you...go big on the lights.

Tartan...I had not even thought about wi-fi. While we have it in the rest of our house, I will check to see if I will be able to access it in the new room. Wouldn't want to be without it.

Tessagin...great suggestion on the work station. I didn't give it a thought but I can't wait to graph out where to put my sewing, ironing and cutting table.

Ragamuffin, since this room was dormered...some of the slanted space will have what is called "knee walls" I hope to have some storage out of the direct sunlight.

NJQuilter...if you don't mind, I'm going to share your suggestions with my electrician before he finalizes his wiring. I have not heard of a whole house surge protector and he is doing some reconfiguration and moving our generator outlet at the same time so I'm sure he will be knowledgeable. I like your idea of 4 plug outlets and counter height receptacles for phone chargers and such.

Cam'sgram...I am having the most difficulty with lighting over a long arm since I don't have a model or idea of what I need. Thanks for your input.

Again, I can't thank you guys enough for your feedback and suggestions. I will surely post photos as it comes together.