View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 01:14 PM
oldtisme

Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
We have all been asked that question, especially about quilts that are gifts. I was asked that about both of my Quilts of Valor so far. And what is the usual answer? I don't know or a long time.
Has anyone kept track of time working on a particular quilt project? I think I am going to do that on the next project I start. I am getting ready to start a new QoV project next to be ready for presentation in November. I don't usually wash fabric, but I think I will wash, dry and iron the red just to be on the safe side and I don't plan to track that prep time. I will start tracking when I begin the cutting process.
I will keep you posted about the results.
Enjoy your sewing everyone.
I have a regular old time clock (not digital) that is plugged into a power strip along with my iron that I switch on when I start working on a project. When I switch to a different project I reset the clock. I keep a note pad by the clock to write down the current time on what ever was the last project was. It has become a habit so it doesn't take me much time. But it has really opened my eyes to how long this beginner takes to make a quilt. It's all fun for me.