Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How long did it take you to make it? >

How long did it take you to make it?

How long did it take you to make it?

Old 04-12-2017, 05:33 PM

I've never counted the hours, but if I'm asked, I can reply with how many months I spent on the quilt in question. The one I finished today (whoo - hoo!) took me 9 months. I hand piece and hand quilt, so projects always take a long time.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by popover View Post
Its a hobby, not a job. Its supposed to be fun and relaxing. Why booger it up with schedules and planning? Did you not get enough of that working and raising kids?
Love your answer, popover! I can't think of anything more UNFUN than having to engage in record keeping associated with quilting, or any creative endeavor. I'm an artiste, not a bookkeeper.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:55 PM

Personalities definitely show up on this thread. For some people, documenting and record keeping is the biggest chore, and is a joy killer. For others, seems the pendulum swings to satisfaction of curiosity or of easy reference for the future. I tried to track my time on a certain qullt, but completely forgot about jotting anything down. (Might've helped if the notepad hadn't been buried under stuff on my cutting table!!!)

I am simply inconsistent in every part of life. I love organization, but sometimes I just have fun creating a system, not maintaining because I don't consider maintenance "fun" . Other people's personalities (like my hubby's) thrive on it.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Of the 90 quilts I have made (not all bed sized). I kept track on just one. It was 77 hours. It was only tied though, not quilted. You have given me food for thought. I may do that with the next one.