Old 02-05-2017, 07:01 AM
Friday1961

Thanks, everyone!

It's encouraging to know that you all agree that it is quilt drag. Although I've never experienced this with poly batting, I am now certain that's what it is with the heavier W&N. I do love this batting; it's so uniform and even and love the way it looks in the sandwich. But it is denser and heavier.

I've thought of the pulley system I've read about, but my first priority is a table for this machine. I absolutely hate that it is not recessed since my other machines have always been in a cabinet. I will arrange something more in front of the machine to prevent the drag , although I do bunch it up, not just have it falling down into my lap. And will find something for the left side. My dining table is large but it is oval so a support extension along the left will help.

To Tartan: I thought of that little bar, too, and checked, but the walking foot is installed correctly. Still, I may take it off and put it on again just to make sure it is not part of the problem.

I so appreciate ALL your advice and encouragement. This board is wonderful for that! It's why I brought this problem here! ;-)