View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 01:27 PM
rbwiese

Sorry for you loss, Jannie!

And thanks for the well wishes - this can last forever with me - I never have the patience to outlast it.

All packages are swapped and in the envelope - will take to the PO tomorrow. There are some cute fabrics coming - think my favorites are the Cats watching a movie and eating popcorn etc and the Cats playing musical instruments. I know not everyone will receive these - sorry!

There were not enough participants to not have repeats or for you not to get back your own fabrics. I am not sure how to create a little more interest in the swaps. In researching history there was a swap in 2014, I think, that had 40 participants.

Looking forward to the next swap - will probably open it in March. While you are shopping for new fabric, a few thoughts -

Much of Wal-Mart's fabric has become lower and lower quality and to hide that fact much of it has a heavy sizing applied to give it more "body". The squares are stiff as paper. I am not going to accept any more of this fabric and will return it unswapped.

Also, tone on tone or batik prints or very pale fabrics are not very usable in I Spy quilts. Please go for the brighter, children's fabrics.

Thanks for swapping in the group and will see ya next time!

Rena