View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Macybaby

welcome to the loony bin LOL!!

I'm on the far side now, trying to rehome machines and whittle down my collection. I would have been fine if I'd stayed with my original plan of mostly Singers. But I fell off that wagon and now have more non-Singers than Singers. Though I do have more Singers than any other manufacturer.

Right now, in my main sewing room, I have a 66 lotus in a parlor treadle cabinet. On top is a 66 redeye hand crank in a bentwood case. Next is a White (japanese made) zigzag that is the same model my Mom owned when I was little. Next is my husband's Necci Julia, with his viking 21 on top. Next to that is his 201 in the Singer cabinet that his Mom had - oringinal with her Golden Touch N Sew 625 (that machine is in the Shed).

Then there is the 15-91 in the cabinet I use for my second ironing station, next to the re-topped treadle I have my my Juki2010Q on- that is my main sewer now. Next to it is another Singer cabenet fitted so I can put my Viking 990 in it, or have extra room when I'm using the Juki. Around the corner is another Singer cabinet with another Singer, and I'm drawing a blank, but it's one with external cams and typewriter keys on top.

My Pfaff embroidery machine sits on top. At the end of the ironing board is another Singer cabinet with a 99 inside.

I'm doing pretty good, I think I hauled 8-9 machines out of my sewing room so I'd have a bit more room. It's much nicer in there now.

I have most of my Singers in other rooms in the house, and quite a few out with my Longarm - but the bulk of my machine collection is in the "Shed".