Old 02-16-2017, 10:12 AM
SingerSewer

I go to quilt retreats a couple of times a year. I belong to a guild and they are asked first, then a night guild here in town is invited, then folks who have gone before with us and then we invite others if we don't have enough. When we first started going we would have to beat the bushes to get the minimum of 20 now we have to limit it to 30 attending.

We have had a couple that didn't enjoy it but the rest of us love it. We work on our own projects, laugh a whole lot, eat until we each gain a few pounds, laugh some more and just enjoy being together. We share rooms but get to choose who is in our room for the most part. There are four to five twin size beds in each room. The food is amazing. It is provided. The sewing is done in a large room where each of us have two 24" x 48" tables. There are larger tables for cutting and ironing provided. You can have a smaller cutting mat and ironing station at your table. You can bring an additional table and your chair if you want.

The first time we went we looked like a scene from "The Grapes of Wrath" when the Joad Family loaded up to leave Oklahoma and headed to California. Now we have been often enough to take what we need and not a whole lot more. The retreat we go to has a small fabric store and we can get what we might have forgotten. We wear our pjs all day if we want or dress the way you would at home. We have some that put on makeup and look wonderful then we have those of us who are just way too comfy. I highly recommend the one we go to. The facility is beautiful. The food is prepared by a real chef and her team. The beds are comfortable and each room has a bath attached. The outdoor area is comfortable and inviting. Can't say enough good about it. In fact I am going in March and again in April...did I mention I really have a great time?