View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by Helen6869 View Post
the pattern has sashing and I understand how to do it matching the lengths but can't figure how to match it because the blocks would still be different heights. Am I making sense? I guess I can sew sashings on all 4 sides and square to a larger size but I don't believe I have enough white fabric to match what I've already used. Thank you all for your help. I don't know how to post pictures. Sorry! I appreciate your interest though. I've made many quilts since being on this board but cannot figure how to post any pictures. It should be simpler than it sounds! Thanks again!
Let me add this: I think 3/8 inch is a pretty good bit when the blocks are off that much from each other and there is cross piece sashing. I guess I will lose my butterfly wings points and just go from there. Not a happy camper with this one! I thought I had such a good plan. The pattern I used is a free Riley Blake one and it didn't give the finished block size and I figured wrong somehow when I added the measurements and thought it would match the panel blocks. Oh well! Thank you so much!