View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by krafty14 View Post
I will try to make this clearer than mud. What I would do is put 2 sides of sashing on each block. On the smaller block, put 2" strips on the left and bottom. On the larger block, put 1.5" strips on the left and bottom. This should bring them up to the same size (11.5" unfinished). You would have to add a 1.5" strip to the right of the end block on each row. Also add 1.5" strips to the top of the blocks on the top row, before joining. This will give you a 1" finished sashing all around all blocks. Does this sound plausible to you more experienced quilters out there? Hope so.
Do you think this would really work? I can do that if it will make them line up. I think I will get out some graph paper and prove you correct!! Thank you for figuring that out and explaining it to me. Not totally convinced yet but I will let you know what I can draw out. This would be doable for me as far as fabric and sewing I think. Thank you Krafty14! I knew someone on this board could figure this one out. I am not that great at math, as you can tell! haha! Thanks everyone.