View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Helen6869

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
You have 2 blocks one is 10 1/8 square and one is 10 4/8 (10 1/2) square. So you have 3/8ths difference. So you need sashing strips that are two different sizes one is 3/8ths narrower then the other. You add the bigger sashing strip to the two sides of the smaller square, and the smaller sashing strips to the bigger square. Now your over all squares are the same size.

10 1/8 + 1 3/8 = 11 4/8 and 10 4/8 + 1 = 11 4/8.

Since you are only sashing the two sides (right and bottom for instance) those sashings never meet so to the eye w/ just that little difference it won't be obvious.
Will the width difference not be visible when they butt together on the sides? The blocks will be alternated and the bottom sashings will be touching on the sides. 3/8ths inch is a pretty good bit to fudge in. I'm not sure this would work either. I realize I can add to the blocks but I am afraid it will be visible that they won't match up when side by side. Am I wrong on this? I would love to be able to work it by using two different measurements for the sashing....that would be simple. But just can't visualize how they will work on the whole top. i'm thinking the sashing has to be the same size or it will look wonky. Thanks for your taking the time to advise me. I do appreciate it so much. Will keep thinking and trying to figure this one out!